Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Days

I arrived in Ireland on Thursday the 19th but haven't had Internet until today!  The first couple days have gone by without too many problems.  I moved into my apartment complex and will have three Irish roommates but they won't be arriving for about a month--when the regular term begins.  I've spent the days just wandering around the city and picking up essentials like sheets, groceries, etc.  This morning I visited the St. Fin Barre's Cathedral in Cork.  We were just walking by, and will go inside eventually once we get our student IDs so that we can get discounts :)  I start my early start class titled Folklore and Ethnology of Ireland on Monday and met my professor yesterday--she seems like she will be nice and that the class will be fun.  Well I'll write again once I have more to say--


Entrance to my school- not the main entrance, but the entrance I will use from my dorms each day

UCC Crest-- located in the entrance way seen above


Bridge over the River Lee I cross to get onto campus from my apartment

Here's the Cathedral from the main gates


The carved stone and gold display above the entrance

Angel above the front entrance

Main Entrance to the Cathedral

3 comments:

  1. Gracey - Looks beautiful! I am sure you are going to have a great time! We will watch for more info from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More pictures please....hope you had fun on your tour today...Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog! Blog! we want more blog!

    ReplyDelete